General information about the Trusted Lists
Trusted lists are essential elements in building trust among electronic market operators by allowing users to determine the qualified status and the status history of trust service providers and their services. The trusted lists of Member States include, as a minimum, information specified in Articles 1 and 2 of Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2015/1505. Member States may include in the trusted lists information on non-qualified trust service providers, together with information related to the non-qualified trust services provided by them. It shall be clearly indicated that they are not qualified according to Regulation (EU) No 910/2014. Member States may include in the trusted lists information on nationally defined trust services of other types than those defined under Article 3(16) of Regulation (EU) No 910/2014. It shall be clearly indicated that they are not qualified according to Regulation (EU) No 910/2014.
Trusted List of Estonia
The present list is the trusted list including information related to the qualified trust service providers which are supervised by Estonia, together with information related to the qualified trust services provided by them, in accordance with the relevant provisions laid down in Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC.
The cross-border use of electronic signatures has been facilitated through Commission Decision 2009/767/EC of 16 October 2009 which has set the obligation for Member States to establish, maintain and publish trusted lists with information related to certification service providers issuing qualified certificates to the public in accordance with Directive 1999/93/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 December 1999 on a Community framework for electronic signatures and which are supervised/accredited by the Member States. The present trusted list is the continuation of the trusted list established with Decision 2009/767/EC.
EC LoTL & EU Trust Backbone
EC LoTL and all EU trusted lists are available at:
Trust service providers and trust services are included to the Estonian Trusted List in accordance with the following legislation:
- REGULATION (EU) No 910/2014 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL (hereinafter eIDAS)
- Electronic Identification and Trust Services for Electronic Transactions Act (hereinafter EUTS)
According to Estonian law EUTS § 2 s. 3, Technical Regulatory Authority is the supervisory body as laid down in the eIDAS Art. 17.
In order to be included to Estonian Trusted List, the trust service provider has to submit to Technical Regulatory Authority a notification form (under preparation) and conformity assessment report for each trust service.
The procedure for conformity assessment of trust service providers and trust services are set out in the regulation „Trust service provider and trust service conformity assessment procedure“ (only Estonian).
Technical Regulatory Authority decides on an application after receipt of required data and documents:
- within 80 days in case of an application for an initial authorization;
- within 50 days in case of an application for a repeated authorization.
Technical Regulatory Authority enters a qualified or non-qualified trust service provider and trust service in the trusted list within ten days after the grant of the authorization.
Qualified or non-qualified trust service providers and trust services are entered in the trusted list for two years.
State fees for operations in Estonian trusted list:
- Trust services first-time inclusion state fee is 1030 € for each category of trust services, such as e-signatures, e-seals, e-timestamps etc;
- Maintaining the trust services in the trusted list state fee is 770 € for each category of trust services, such as e-signatures, e-seals, e-timestamps etc;
- Trust service provider or trust service data modification request state fee is 65 €.
State fees shall be paid to:
- Swedbank SWIFT/BIC: HABAEE2X; account IBAN EE932200221023778606
- SEB Pank SWIFT/BIC: EEUHEE2X; account IBAN EE891010220034796011
- Danske Bank A/S Eesti filiaal SWIFT/BIC: FOREEE2X; account IBAN EE 40 3300 3334 1611 0002
- Nordea Bank Finland PLC Eesti filiaal SWIFT/BIC: NDEAEE2X; account IBAN EE 701 7000 1700 1577 198
Account owner is RAHANDUSMINISTEERIUM.
Do not forget MANDATORY reference number: 2900080050